Why Renting a Piano is a Smart Idea
Do you think it’s a waste of money to rent a piano?
One good reason is commitment. The majority of all piano owners have only bought one to two pianos. Pianos are a big purchase if you want one that will sound good and not have problems.
One of the many reasons why families buy a piano is to start their kids in piano lessons. It’s hard to fork out a hug stack of cash on a piano when you’re not sure if it’s going to be played.
Sure, you can get a cheap beat up used piano for 0 or so, and that might be just fine, but usually those pianos end up costing you the same amount of money as a low-end new piano because of the repairs you’ll have to pay for through your piano tuner.
Some of the benefits that come from renting a piano are:
* You can rent a good piano and get used to the feel and sound so when you are ready to buy, you will know more about picking a good piano.
* Almost all piano rental businesses let you apply a certain amount of rent towards the purchase of the piano.
* College students who have had a piano at home can rent a piano while away at school to keep up their skills.
* Families who have kids starting lessons can rent a piano and see how their kids do. If you find that your kids just aren’t musical, you can return the piano.
* There are a lot of people who travel, are in the military and move frequently, or who are doing internships or sebaticals that would like a piano while they are in the area. Then when they move, they don’t have to worry about moving the piano.
Piano rentals can be very beneficial whether you are planning on buying a piano or not.
Where to find rental pianos:
Look for piano dealers in your area by searching online or in your phone directory. Most piano dealers have some kind of rental program. You can also search online with the keyword “Piano Rentals (enter your city here)” This should help you get started.
Remember to look for options to buy incase you are looking to buy in the future. Many rental piano businesses will allow you to apply 6 months to a year of rent towards the purchase of your rental piano.
You’ll also want to find out how long you are required to rent before you sign the rental contract. Some rental places require a year but that may be difficult for college students or others who may move in that amount of time. If you do move, usually the rental piano business will move the piano for you.
This should get you started on renting a piano. Happy renting!